FEATURED EVENT

Argus Biofuels & Feedstocks 2016
October 18-20, 2016 - London UK


Novozymes, Fiberight make biofuel from paper

Novozymes Inc., has partnered with Fiberight LLC, to produce advanced biofuel made from government office waste paper and cardboard. The companies unveiled the new fuel at the 2010 Washington Auto Show held Jan. 27 to Jan. 31. For the show, the "transhanol," as CEO of Fiberight Craig Stuart-Paul calls it, was used in two demonstration vehicles. A flex fuel Ford F-150 and a Chevrolet HHR were both available in a "Ride 'n Drive" event allowing government VIPs and media officials to test drive the E85 waste powered cars.READ MORE

Clark advocates ethanol at event in Kansas

Retired Gen. Wesley K. Clark believes there are many benefits to advancing the ethanol industry-among them, creating jobs and improving the environment. However, for Clark, the chief reason is national security. "If you want to move this country toward energy independence there's only one way you can do it to strengthen our national security in the near term," he said, "and that's with a different liquid fuel." Clark, co-chairman of the Growth Energy Board of Directors, spoke about this on Jan. 21, at ICM's headquarters in Colwich, Kan. Members of the media were invited to hear Clark talk about the ethanol industry and the importance of the Green Jobs Waiver.READ MORE

AE Biofuels to restart Cilion ethanol plant

A California ethanol plant that has been idle since April is on the way to being restarted. AE Biofuels has entered into a three-year lease agreement with Cilion Inc., the owner of the plant, to operate the plant with the subsidiary name AE Advanced Fuels Keyes.READ MORE

Wisc. governor backs biofuels

In his State of the State address Jan. 26, Gov. Jim Doyle renewed his commitment to the expansion of renewable energy production in Wisconsin.READ MORE

IRFA requests E10 mandate

The Iowa Renewable Fuels Association has requested Iowa legislators pass a statewide mandate requiring all motor vehicles to use at least a 10 percent ethanol blend.READ MORE

Greenergy, Bauche launch Greenergy Brazil

Greenergy International Ltd, a UK fuel supplier, and Bauche Group, a France-based ag commodities business, have announced a joint venture to sell sustainable Brazilian ethanol in Europe. Greenergy will have a 70 percent stake in Greenergy Brazil, which will be headquartered in Sao Paulo, and Bauche the remaining 30 percent.READ MORE

Ricardo creates ethanol boosting engine

Ricardo Inc., an auto supplier and engine manufacturer, announced the creation of an ethanol burning engine with better fuel economy than a traditional gas engine. The engine, developed through a collaborative project with Growth Energy, has been dubbed the Ethanol Boost Direct Injection engine (EBDI).READ MORE

Biofuels mentioned in President's address

Alternative fuel supporters listening eagerly to President Barack Obama on Jan. 27 heard the word they were listening for. Biofuels. During his State of the Union Address Obama laid out four things the United States needs to do to move ahead. The list included encouraging American innovation, such as in the area of "advanced biofuels".READ MORE
Subscribe     Unsubscribe




308 Second Ave. N., Suite 304 | Grand Forks, ND 58203 | www.ethanolproducer.com | 701-746-8385

© BBI International 2010