Post unlimited 30-day online listings with the ethanol Job Package!
Unlimited Job Posts for 1 year!
Operations Manager Details
Ring-neck Energy & Feed, LLC
Job Description & Requirements
Responsible for the safe and regulatory compliant operation of the plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, by directly supervising process operators who work on a 24-hour rotating shift schedule, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
• Supervise operators on a 24-hour rotating shift schedule.
• Ensure that operators are adequately trained, equipped and motivated, so that total manufacturing objectives can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
• Communicate regularly with all operators, both individually and as a group, to ensure consistent operation among the shifts.
• Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge and contribution of the operators.
• Maintain and update operating procedures and training manuals for process operations. Ensure that all operators are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
• Provide expectations and parameters to shift supervisors for plant production.
• Review the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipate solving problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
• Maintain adequate records on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc.
• Provide written reports on plant production.
• Ensure city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to process operations are met at all times.
• Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for all process operations; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all operators.
• Communicate directly with maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
• Communicate directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation by the operators in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
• Implement programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
• Monitor use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies. Initiate re-ordering as needed.
• Assist with interviewing, hiring, and training plant employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor degree in chemical engineering or mechanical engineering preferred
& EXPERIENCE: 5 + years’ experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred *previous management / supervisory experience required *Strong knowledge of the ethanol production process and technology required *Knowledge of general office equipment required
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS) and instruct others on its operation
Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines
Ability to maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
Ability to communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary
Capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Significant time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of 175 feet. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. Travel as needed for training and meetings.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds frequently.
Employee paid health insurance, 401k, Dental, Vision, Paid Vac and more.
Please fill out the PDF Application listed below!!! Drop off Application at the Office ~OR~ Email application to [email protected] Visit www.Ringneckenergy.com/Employment for an application Please call us at 605-945-6900 if you have any questions, we would love to help you answer any questions you may have!!