Post unlimited 30-day online listings with the ethanol Job Package!
Unlimited Job Posts for 1 year!
EHS Manager Details
Job Description & Requirements
Guardian Energy Hankinson has an opening for an EHS Manager position. We offer full benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, paid vacation and paid holidays. Our work environment is described as clean, safe, and friendly. If you are looking for a great opportunity for learning and advancement this is the place for you!
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Environmental, Health and Safety function for the ethanol manufacturing facility, while supporting and adhering to policies, goals and objectives of the company. This individual will be a key member of the Guardian management team, and will interface with onsite personnel, suppliers, contractors, regulatory agencies and team members of the Guardian Energy Management organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Environmental compliance
• Ensure facility has proper, complete and up-to-date permits as required by Federal, State and local regulations.
• Ensures discharge of water is properly tested, documented and reported.
• Ensures air quality is properly monitored.
2. Safe Work Culture
• Oversee employee and contractor training programs, with specific detail pertaining to PSM requirements. Ensure employees and contractors are properly trained for the duties they are required to perform. Work with department managers to ensure employees and contractors perform those duties in a safe manner.
• Maintains a strong understanding of OSHA Regulations, and works with department managers to establish best work practices to promote a strong safety culture throughout the organization.
• Proactively monitors work activities and intervenes were necessary to ensure employees, assets and the environment is protected and facility complies with federal state and local regulations.
• Oversees OSHA Reporting and ensures it is properly documented and the required communications are posted onsite.
• Work with Insurance carrier for Safety and Environmental monitoring with to ensure adequate progress is achieved.
3. Industrial Hygiene (IH)
• Establish IH monitoring and reporting program as required throughout the facility
• Establish and update PPE guidelines as required from observation and testing results
• Ensure plant security plan is developed, updated, implemented and complies with Federal, State and local regulations, and adequately protects employees, company assets and the environment.
5. Emergency Response Management
• Act as liaison to authorities regarding emergencies involving the plant, employees, or contractors on site.
• Work with department managers and employees to ensure plant is maintained in a clean, professional manner. Report any potential issues to Plant Manager and work proactively to implement corrective actions.
• Ensure all Reporting requirements are met for all Federal, State and local regulations. This also includes Hazardous Material, Homeland Security.
• Report any potential regulatory violations immediately to the Plant Manager and COO
8. Regulatory Communication, Permitting and Audits
• Will be the primary interface between HRE and agency personnel during onsite audits, for permit updates, renewals and new applications.
• Will coordinate the preparation of documents to support all internal and external communications regarding these matters.
9. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university in a related scientific or technical field required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• 3-7 years work experience implementing effective EHS programs in a manufacturing facility, with exposure to PSM work environment.
• Experience with environmental and industry hygiene testing and reporting.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Knowledge of general office equipment required.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience working in cross-functional teams.
• Strong basic math skills
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, use tact and diplomacy, and possess a customer service focus.
• Strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, negotiation skills, dispute resolution and ability to overcome obstacles.
• Manage multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy.
• Ability to anticipate needs and accomplish necessary tasks.
• Strong motivational ability.
• Act with honesty and integrity.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Time will be spent in a temperature-controlled office-based environment at the manufacturing facility. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Able to view computer screen for lengths at a time. Time will be spent in the plant. All types of chemical industry equipment are used in the plant to include, but not limited to fermentation vessels, jet cookers, agitators, mixing and milling equipment, distillation columns, centrifuges and distributive control systems. May be exposed to loud noises, wet and humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals, extreme hot and cold depending on weather conditions. Must be able to speak and listen clearly. Fine visual acuity to read for accuracy. For more detail please review the ADA questionnaire on file in Human Resources.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds occasionally.
To apply please visit www.guardiannrgcareers.com or send your resume to [email protected].