Post unlimited 30-day online listings with the ethanol Job Package!
Unlimited Job Posts for 1 year!
Job Description & Requirements
Guardian Energy in Janesville, MN has an opening for a Merchandiser. We offer full benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, paid vacation and paid holidays. Our work environment is described as clean, safe, and friendly. If you are looking for a great opportunity for learning and advancement this is the place for you!
To manage corn origination, contract administration and related functions in order to maximize business performance. Responsible for procuring corn at economically acceptable values. Sound administration of local corn risk position to reduce risk and enhance plant profitability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Learn or understand concepts of buying, merchandising, and hedging commodities such that he/she can assist in grain merchandising and serve as a backup for the Commodity Manager.
2. Develop and maintain relationships with area producers and commercial entities with a strong emphasis on direct farmer business. Conduct producer visits to increase farmer origination volumes.
3. Report purchases as directed by supervisor to ensure appropriate hedging strategies are followed as outlined in the Risk Management Policy.
4. Review hedging transactions for correctness.
5. Understand and communicate several contract options to area producers.
6. Strong ability to multitask and prioritize based on customer needs and seasonality.
7. Create and ensure purchase contracts are signed and returned.
8. Continue to develop and update producer and commercial contacts.
9. Understand, monitor and report grain movement in the area for better market insight throughout the Company.
10. Ensure contracts and deliveries are executed timely
11. Ability to back up scale functions
12. Use software to generate reports as directed by the Commodity Manager
13. Maintain excellent communication with the team including, administrative, grains and production staff.
Degree/Associates Degree in Ag Related field or equivalent experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of general office equipment required. Experience with grain accounting software an asset.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong basic math and analytical skills. Ability to maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, use tact and diplomacy and possess a customer service focus. Comfortable problem-solving skills, negotiating terms, resolving disputes and overcoming obstacles. Able to manage multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy. Conduct’s actions with professionalism and integrity. Strong organizational skills are crucial.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
Time will be spent in a temperature-controlled office-based environment. Some local travel required or as needed. Must have valid Driver’s License. For more detail please review the ADA questionnaire on file in Human Resources.