Post unlimited 30-day online listings with the ethanol Job Package!
Unlimited Job Posts for 1 year!
Process Operator Details
Job Description & Requirements
Guardian Energy in Janesville, MN is accepting applications for a Process Operator. The Process Operator is responsible for the operation of the plant, working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
Constantly review the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Participate in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
• Maintain adequate records of key production variables such as production volume, yield, plant uptime, utility consumption, etc., on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis, as required.
• Communicate directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
• Sample and test process streams as required by the QA/QC program and procedures.
• Understand and interpret QA/QC results and take appropriate action when required.
• Safely mix and make timely additions of process chemicals as instructed by Shift Lead.
• Communicate directly with the maintenance department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
• Perform preventive maintenance activities as required.
• Assist maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
• Work in a safe manner always.
• Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
• Monitor use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
Education/Certification: High school diploma or equivalent certificate required.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
• Ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS).
• Punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines.
• Ability to maintain courteous, professional, and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory, and professional manner and be able to provide clarification as necessary.
• Capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted, and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds frequently.
This position offers a $5,000 hiring bonus in addition to a generous hourly wage. Starting salary between $65,000 - $75,000 per year. We offer the opportunity to earn an excellent hourly rate, full benefits to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term and long-term disability, paid vacation, paid holidays, and a strong bonus program earning potential up to 20% of salary.